Thursday, November 25, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Petrov's Facebook page defaced

Petrov's Facebook page defaced

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


Vitaly Petrov has revealed that his Facebook page has been defaced by fans accusing him of "blocking" Fernando Alonso during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Ferrari's Alonso missed out on the 2010 World title by four points after he finished behind Petrov in seventh place in the season-ending race in Abu Dhabi.

In an interview with Germany's Bild, Petrov revealed nasty things have been written on his social networking page.

"On my Facebook page many fans insulted me, saying I blocked Alonso. That is nonsense as I didn't do anything wrong. Ferrari made a tactical error."

Petrov, who accused Alonso of having "bad manners" after the Ferrari driver made a gesture in his direction during the slow-down lap in Abu Dhabi, says he wasn't aware that by keeping the Spaniard behind him, he was helping Sebastian Vettel to win the World Championship.

"I kept Alonso behind me for 39 laps," he said. "Nobody told me on the radio that by doing so I would help Sebastian to become World Champion. Even if he overtook me, he would've had to pass [Nico] Rosberg. I drove my own race against Alonso."

Although new World Champion Vettel hasn't congratulated him personally, the Red Bull driver has said he is grateful on his website.

"He doesn't have my telephone number," Petrov said. "However, I saw that he wrote on his website telling his fans that it he is very grateful to me. That's very nice of him. Before the race he wished me good luck.

"He deserves the title. The newspapers talk about a miracle, but it was hard work."

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment