Monday, December 20, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | BBC recognises Williams' achievements

BBC recognises Williams' achievements

Sir Frank Williams at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards © Press Association

Sir Frank Williams was honoured by the BBC on Sunday night when he received the Helen Rollason Award for Achievement in the Face of Adversity at the Sports Personality of the Year Awards.

Williams' long career in Formula One has seen him take nine constructors' championships and oversee seven drivers' titles, despite being confined to a wheelchair since breaking his neck in a road accident in 1986.

On collecting his award at Birmingham's NEC Arena, Williams said: "It was an unforgettable evening. Mine has been a great journey, one I'd love to do again if I was younger. I wouldn't try and do anything differently, except perhaps try and avoid the accidents. I wouldn't have received this award without the assistance and energy of everyone at Williams, especially Patrick [Head], and, of course, my wife and family, so my thanks go to them."

Credit: ESPN F1 (espn.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment