Sunday, June 05, 2011

GreenBkk.com Ferrari | FIA GT3 - Ferrari on top at Silverstone

FIA GT3 - Ferrari on top at Silverstone

Maranello, 4 June – An impeccable performance from Francesco Castellacchi resulted in a win for him and team-mate Federico Leo, at the wheel of the AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia in Race 1 of the European FIA GT3 Championship, held at Silverstone today. The on form duo made the most of Leo taking pole this morning and they dominated the 28 laps around the English circuit, crossing the line ahead of the Aston Martin of Gael Lesoudier-Maxine Martin (LMP Motorsport) and Philippe Giauque-Mike Parisy (Graff Racing.)

After the race, both men were delighted with their first win in the series and they stressed how well the car had performed, with Federico Leo thanking the team: “Thanks to everyone this has been an unforgettable day. I am very pleased, especially with the way I managed the start and given it was my first pole, I’m glad I didn’t get over excited and let it get the better of me. I did what I could to pull out a gap over the others and I managed it, which was mainly due to the great performance from the car.”

Team-mate Castellacci who had the honour of taking the chequered flag had this to add: “Today’s result was down to team work. I could feel the car was responding perfectly to my input and that meant I was able to manage as well as possible the lead that Leo had built up in the first part of the race.”

The other Ferraris in the event did not fare so well: the two Mtech Motorsport 458 Italias of Duncan Cameron-Matthew Griffin and Luca Pirri-Michael Lyons finished eighth and tenth respectively, while the AF Corse car of Daniel Brown-Glynn Geddie (AF Corse) was down in twenty seventh spot.

The second European FIA GT3 race of the weekend takes place tomorrow at 11.45.

Credit: Ferrari S.p.A. (www.ferrari.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment