Sunday, July 03, 2011

GreenBkk.com Ferrari | DREAM DESIGN

DREAM DESIGN


Ferrari customers can create a unique model at its ground-breaking Maranello ateliers. Here, a famous Savile Row tailor customise a 599 GTB Fiorano for one of his dream clients: Claudia Schiffer.

Carlo Brandelli’s designs for Claudia Schiffer were inspired by the model’s blonde hair and pale skin, and the red of Ferrari – a warmer, more intense red created in an unusual and dynamic way, as the tailor describes here: ‘The colour fade – with the exterior of the car running from deep red to pure white and the reverse fade for the interior – was trying to get a feeling of modernism, thinking about colour in a modern way because cars are always either very shiny or they’re given metallic finishes so I didn’t want to do that.

I wanted to show something sporty, I wanted to play with the Ferrari colour theme of red, but I wanted to get a feeling of movement and speed. I think you can do that with the colour fade; you get that feeling of movement straight away.
For the inside, I chose vellum. A couple of hundred years ago people used to write on it with quills. It’s usually goat skin so white vellum, again because that’s more interesting than a plain leather. And obviously how we’d keep the colour effect on the interior, we’d do some of it in red going to pink into white.

Maranello is about an hour’s drive from my hometown. I grew up with Ferraris; my family had one, so I understand what it means. the association with men is strong, so I thought about designing something for an iconic woman instead. there’s something interesting about having a woman in a Ferrari, and you get this feminine feeling with the colour fade. On another feminine note, I would also change the black stallion to a white horse; this is interesting from a conceptual point of view.’

PUBLISHED IN CARS, HOME BY HELEN CROCKETT ON 04.14.2011

Credit: Ferrari S.p.A. (www.ferrari.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment