Tuesday, July 19, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Ricciardo looking to close the gap on rivals

Ricciardo looking to close the gap on rivals


Daniel Ricciardo is enjoying his first taste of F1 racing © Sutton Images

Rising star Daniel Ricciardo is hopeful he can close the gap on his team-mate and the rest of the field when he takes to the track for his second grand prix at the Nurburgring.

Although he qualified and finished last at Silverstone, great things have been predicted for Ricciardo after impressing for Red Bull during testing and the young Australian is already aiming for better things.

"I'm satisfied with my first race finish in Silverstone at the wheel of the HRT Formula 1 team car," said Ricciardo. "It was nice to finish and get the first race and experience under my belt. Ideally I would have liked to be closer to my rivals but that's the aim for this race. I have learnt that there is a lot more to the tyres and managing them than I thought. For now this is one of the main things I need to learn quickly about.

"It was a great feeling, so I am looking forward to doing it again this weekend. My goal this time is to finish the race and close the gap to my competitors and to Tonio."

For his part, Liuzzi is also looking to push HRT closer to its rivals, in particular Virgin Racing.

"I'm looking forward to the German Grand Prix," added Liuzzi. "It is my favourite circuit and I love racing on it. I have a good record on this track as well as good memories and podium experience. Our goal is to try to finish the race again ahead of the Virgin team. We need to push harder and to progress."

Credit: ESPN F1 (en.espnf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment