Friday, July 08, 2011

GreenBkk.com Williams F1 | iWitness in Silverstone: Thursday

iWitness in Silverstone: Thursday

Posted on Friday 08 Jul 2011

Yesterday was the inaugural AT&T Williams Golf Day. Played at Brocket Hall, the event raised £53,000 for Cancer Research UK and the Spinal Injuries Association. Rubens Barrichello was in the starting line-up, but his chances were scuppered by a telephone call from PR guru Claire Williams. “I’d just done my best tee-shot of the day,” says Rubens. “Then Claire phoned and my next shot was in the trees!”

We had several cars from the Williams F1 museum at Brocket Hall, including Nigel Mansell’s championship-winning FW14B. It was the second time this week that the car has been a focus of attention because it was much-photographed on Monday at the announcement of our two-year partnership with Renault.

Watch out, guys, the boss is back! Michael Caines, the Michelin-starred chef whose menus we have adopted in the AT&T Williams motorhome this year, is here in a working capacity this weekend. He last appeared at the Spanish Grand Prix and he’s back to guide Adam, Jon, Hilary and the gang.

Jenson Button was interviewed for BBC 5 Live this evening by none other than cricket star Andrew ‘Freddie’ Flintoff. The pair was overheard discussing his victory in Canada, kebabs and JB’s current ill-health. “I hurt my knee on a jet-ski last week,” he said. “I’ve now got a sinus problem, so I can’t swim, run or ride a bike. But I can drive an F1 car!”

Credit: Williams F1 (www.williamsf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment