Monday, August 01, 2011

GreenBkk.com Lotus Renault GP | VITALY - “I’LL COME BACK AND BE FULLY READY FOR SPA”

VITALY - “I’LL COME BACK AND BE FULLY READY FOR SPA”

01/08/2011


How was yesterday’s race for you?
VP: Yesterday it was a very difficult race with changeable weather conditions. When the rain returned near the end of the race I lost temperature in my tyres and this made the car’s handling very difficult. It looked like the wet conditions would continue so I changed to the intermediates, but it did not last as long as we thought. Maybe we should have changed to the super softs, but it is so difficult to predict the weather, and many other teams did the same thing. I am a little disappointed as it was possible to score points had we adopted the perfect strategy, but it was not to be.”

And a tough weekend all round for the team?
VP: Yes it was, but we have a break now which gives us time to reflect and really home in on what needs to be improved. Often when you have back-to-back races, there’s not sufficient time to take a step back at what’s taken place. Now, with the August break, we have that opportunity.

So what does Vitaly Petrov plan to do for his holidays, then?
VP: Well, I’ll take some time out in Russia, a bit of jetskiing, and really relax with friends and family. Then I’ll come back and be fully ready for Spa.

Credit: Lotus Renault GP (www.lotusrenaultgp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment