Friday, August 26, 2011

GreenBkk.com Lotus Renault GP | VITALY: “CONGRATULATIONS BRUNO”

VITALY: “CONGRATULATIONS BRUNO”

25/08/2011


Vitaly, a new team-mate. How is that going to affect you? Will it affect you at all?
VP: First of all, congratulations Bruno. I know he has signed for the next two races. For me I think it doesn’t matter now who is my team-mate. I know what I need to do. I know how I need to improve the car so I will just do my job.

And your feelings about this circuit as, for example, the team was third on the grid here last year. You went from 23rd to ninth here last year. What are your feelings about this track?
VP: I like this track. I had very good battle with Mercedes with Michael and Nico (Rosberg) last year. Now it is very difficult to say where we will be right now. We bring some new good parts here. We bring some upgrades. We hope these upgrades will work here and we know our car likes this track so we will try our best.

Is it a different challenge to cope with the longest race track of the championship; how difficult is it to put the three sectors together and to take care of the tyres?
VP: I think it is a good time for thinking as it is a long lap and you can think when you want to come in and change your tyres. But, actually, or maybe me, I like it very much this track. I think it has a lot of interesting corners, high speed corners, and Eau Rouge you need to do flat. Last year it was with F-Duct, this year you need to hold with two hands, but I like it very much. And sometimes it is very interesting. In one place it is raining, in one place it is dry so it is always interesting to race here.

Credit: Lotus Renault GP (www.lotusrenaultgp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment