Monday, November 29, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Di Resta takes a step closer to F1

Di Resta takes a step closer to F1

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


Paul di Resta boosted his chances of landing a 2011 Force India race-seat with a Championship victory in the DTM series.

Di Resta, who has filled the role of Force India's third and reserve driver this season, taking part in several Friday practice session at grand prix weekends, clinched the DMT title in Shanghai on Sunday.

The Scot sealed the title with second place with his second-placed finish in the Shanghai round of the Championship.

Di Resta, who was one of the most consistent driver in 2010, winning three races and claiming an additional three second-placed results, is now awaiting word on his Formula One future.

"Force India has given me a great opportunity this year," he told Autosport.

"It's always been my dream to be involved in a Formula 1 team and I've been able to do some great things with them this year.

"Obviously I'm hoping I can get a seat there and we can build a long relationship. F1 is my dream and I will keep working to make it happen.

"But Mercedes have been very good to me through my career and I don't want to forget that, so I'm just happy to win the DTM title with them right now."

The 24-year-old is one of at least four drivers hoping to race for Force India next season with Adrian Sutil, Tonio Liuzzi and Nico Hulkenberg also in line.

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment