Friday, November 05, 2010

GreenBkk Tech | Alonso happy for Massa to win in Brazil

Alonso happy for Massa to win in Brazil

Fernando Alonso: "The best thing for us will be to have Felipe winning the race because he takes 25 points from everybody else" © Sutton Images

Fernando Alonso is happy for Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa to win the Brazilian Grand Prix this weekend.

Massa has been under pressure to help Alonso's title challenge in the second half of the season and Ferrari came under intense scrutiny after he let Alonso take victory at the German Grand Prix. However, Alonso insists that the best way for Massa to help him in the final two races would be to win both.

"I think Felipe is normally very strong here [in Brazil]," he told reporters. "I think the best thing for us will be to have Felipe winning the race because he takes 25 points from everybody else. That is the biggest points difference this year - from 25 points for winning to 18 for second.

"Then for second to third and third to fourth is a very small difference in points, which may allow me to keep the advantage that I have. The worry for me is the 25 points, and if one of the contenders takes these 25 points. Hopefully Felipe can win both races, that will be the best thing for me."

Massa is targeting a win this weekend and, despite media backlash after Hockenheim, said he still feels support from his home crowd.

"I will do the best I can to win the race for the people," he said on Thursday. "It's also true that even after the race in Germany, when I arrived in Brazil, the people were very nice to me, very fantastic and keen to push me forward. The real people they are great, journalists are much more difficult."

Earlier this week, Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali said he expects Massa to be on top form and put up a serious fight in front of his home fans.

"He [Massa] will want to show his fans what he can do so I expect him to be very much up for the fight," Domenicali said. "He will be very quick, which is exactly what we need right now to reach our goals."

Credit: ESPN F1


No comments:

Post a Comment