Wednesday, December 29, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Montoya: I'm not coming back

Montoya: I'm not coming back


Juan Pablo Montoya has ruled out ever making a comeback in Formula One, saying that NASCAR is "more fun".

Montoya exited F1 in 2006 and has raced in NASCAR ever since, winning the 2007 NASCAR Nextel Cup Rookie of the Year award.

Despite his absence from the sport for some time, the Colombian remains a firm favourite among many fans. However, the driver insists he has no desire to return to Formula One.

"Some people tell me I should go back to F1, but I'm happy," he, told prensa.com.

"I think it is clear that there is no chance of going the other way at the moment."

The 35-year-old went on to say he wasn't particularly impressed with the final race of the F1 season.

"I saw the [Abu Dhabi] finale this year and it's like it has been all the time - one car is a second faster than another but he cannot pass," said the 35-year-old.

"They say the problem is the tracks but honestly F1 has always been the same," he added.

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment