Monday, February 28, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Mexico out in force for Perez's Sauber demo run

Mexico out in force for Perez's Sauber demo run


Sauber’s Sergio Perez was given a very warm welcome as he returned home to Mexico for a demonstration run ahead of his Formula One debut next month. Between 150,000 and 200,000 people lined the streets in the city centre of Perez’s home town of Guadalajara on Saturday to cheer on the first Mexican F1 driver in over 30 years.


“This was one of the best days of my life,” the 21 year-old exclaimed. “It was a great, great experience. I have never experienced something like this before with so many people cheering me. I’m proud to be Mexican, and I’m proud to receive all this support. It is a big boost for me ahead of the new season.”

Perez took charge of the team’s 2010 C29 on the 1.5 kilometre long course, before taking part in several interviews and signing autographs for fans.


”It was an enormous event with unbelievable enthusiasm,” confirmed Sauber team manager Beat Zehnder. “What the state of Jalisco managed to put on within a very short space of time was one of the greatest F1 road shows I have ever looked after.”

The day’s programme was rounded off by a NASCAR show, which involved Perez’s brother Antonio, bike shows and car parades.

Credit: Formula One Administration Ltd (www.formula1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment