Saturday, April 16, 2011

GreenBkk.com WRC | Solberg not giving up on win

Solberg not giving up on win


Citroen privateer Petter Solberg believes that he can still challenge for victory on the Jordan Rally, even though he failed to make substantial inroads into Sebastien Ogier's lead this morning.

Solberg thinks that an overnight set-up change hindered his car’s performance, so his team his restored his DS3 WRC to yesterday’s settings.

“It [the surface] was very loose this morning,” Solberg said. “Maybe this afternoon it will clean more. It’s tough being in a private car but we’re so close.

“There are some really bad rocks around. On one stage I got the tyre off the rim a little bit. You have to be really careful but I’ve got to push now.

“I tried something new this morning - just a small thing, but I felt like I lost a bit of traction and grip so I’ve gone back to how it was. I felt like I had a bit of an edge over the other guys yesterday and I want to find that again.”

Credit: World Rally Championship (www.wrc.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment