Tuesday, May 31, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Petrov hopeful of race return in Canada

Petrov hopeful of race return in Canada

His Monaco race may have ended in the barriers on Sunday, but Renault’s Vitaly Petrov is confident he will be well enough to compete at the forthcoming Canadian event. Petrov was caught up in a collision between McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and Toro Rosso's Jaime Alguersuari during the race's closing stages.

“I’m fine,” said the Russian in a video on the team’s official website. “I have some pain in my legs but I should be fine for Canada. I couldn’t get out of the car at first as my legs were blocked and I also couldn’t feel them. So I thought I have a problem, maybe my legs are broken or something. So I just sat in the car and waited for the people to help me get out of the car.

“Once I was out we went to hospital for a full body check and analysis and it looks like everything is fine. So I’ll rest for two to three days and then we will see what’s going on. I’m looking forward to Canada. We need points and I hope we will finish near the front.”

Petrov is currently ninth in drivers’ standings with 21 points. The Canadian event will take place in Montreal from June 10-12.

Credit: Formula One Administration Ltd (www.formula1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment