Tuesday, July 05, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | McLaren extend Gary Paffett’s test contract

McLaren extend Gary Paffett’s test contract

McLaren have confirmed test and reserve driver Gary Paffett will stay with the British team for the 2012 season after extending his contract. Paffett joined McLaren back in 2005 and has played a key role in the development of the team’s cars.

“I’m extremely pleased to have renewed my relationship with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes,” said the 30 year-old Briton. “As everybody knows, success in Formula One is developed through the strength and duration of relationships. I’ve been a part of this team for more than five years, and it’s a place where I really feel happy and comfortable, and where I can confidently speak my mind.

“I’m proud that my contribution has enabled the team to remain a race- and championship-winning force in Formula One, and I truly believe that we’ll continue to grow and improve in the future.”

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh added: “Gary has become a vital part of our technical support and development team - both at the track and in the simulator. Both Gary and the team believes that this deal will underline his reputation as a strong development driver and a true team player.”

Alongside his role as tester at McLaren, Paffett will continue to race for Mercedes in the DTM series this season and beyond.

Credit: Formula One Administration Ltd (www.formula1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment