Friday, July 22, 2011

GreenBkk.com Lotus Renault GP | NICK - “I’VE GOT A LOT OF MEMORIES FROM HERE”

NICK - “I’VE GOT A LOT OF MEMORIES FROM HERE”

22/07/2011


Nick, welcome to the Nurburgring – does coming to Germany feel like a homecoming race?
NH: Yes, definitely, it’s a special circuit for me not just because it’s in Germany but it’s an hour away from my home town. I’ve got a lot of memories from here, not just from Formula One; I had some nice races in other categories, I had my first pole position in F1 and I got second place in the race. Also learnt how to ride a bike here, the first time I drove a go kart was here and, well, it’s a very special place for me.

You’ve driven at a number of German GPs before – does it excite you to race in front of your home fans?
NH: Definitely. When you’re driving you always push as best you can, but everything around that is busy but it’s more enjoyable because there are more fans cheering you on and it’s just more fun because you see that the people enjoy it.

The team’s bringing a number of developments to the car this weekend – what do you think we can expect?
NH: It’s going to be a very interesting weekend for us because we are going to bring some new, major developments to the car whereas at the last couple of races we only had minor changes. It’s a little bit of a step into the unknown because it could go very well, or it could throw up some issues, in which case we’d need to go back into the factory and look at them. It is going to be a very exciting weekend, though.

How important are the next two races in terms of giving LRGP a lift going into the second half of the season?
NH: Yes, that’s exactly why I think it’s important. WE are definitely, as every team is, pushing as hard as we can to be successful, but the summer break is long and it’s important we build up a good atmosphere. We still have it (a good atmosphere) despite a couple of difficult races recently. WE know where we have to improve, we still scored some points and we want to fight with the top teams so hopefully the next two races will be good.

Credit: Lotus Renault GP (www.lotusrenaultgp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment