Friday, July 01, 2011

GreenBkk.com Mercedes GP | NICO: “I WANT TO GIVE A GOOD PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF OUR PEOPLE”

NICO: “I WANT TO GIVE A GOOD PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF OUR PEOPLE”

RACE NEWS // 01.07.2011


The Rosberg family already has some history at Silverstone: this was where Nico’s father Keke took a record pole position in 1985, at an average speed of 260 kph… with a slow puncture! Nico, it appears, is a chip off the old block, relishing the high-speed challenge: “Silverstone is a very cool track. I’m really looking forward to all the fast corners, especially from Copse through Becketts to Stowe.”

Of course, it goes without saying that the proximity to both factories – eight miles from Brackley and just 20 from Brixworth – also counts for a lot when you’re driving for MERCEDES GP PETRONAS. “I finished third last year and I hope to have another good result, especially because so many of the people working at Brackley and Brixworth will be there with their families,” stresses Nico. “This is the first of our two home Grands Prix in July, so I want to give a good performance in front of our people.”

And what about performance on the track? As always, it’s all about having a little patience. “We will have a few new updates, and I’m curious to see how this will affect my car. Hopefully we can close the gap to the top a little bit.”

Credit: Mercedes GP (www3.mercedes-gp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment