Monday, July 11, 2011

GreenBkk.com Mercedes GP | SILVERSTONE, SUNDAY: MICHAEL: “I THINK FIFTH OR EVEN FOURTH PLACE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN OUT OF QUESTION TODAY”

SILVERSTONE, SUNDAY: MICHAEL: “I THINK FIFTH OR EVEN FOURTH PLACE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN OUT OF QUESTION TODAY”

RACE NEWS // 10.07.2011


Michael was pretty disappointed after the race. His race was compromised by a collision with Kamui Kobayashi on lap 9 whilst running in ninth place. This forced Michael to pit for a new nose and cost him a 10s stop-go penalty. “My result today is a bit of a shame, and of course I am not happy about it. I think fifth or even fourth place would not have been out of question today thanks to the superb job the guys back in Brackley and Brixworth have done. I would so much have wished to bring them some decent points this evening when we go back to the factory for a BBQ with their families.

But unfortunately, and due to my fault, I cannot. Having used DRS for the first time in the race, I was arriving at the corner with over-run. Underestimating the effect, my braking was not good and this is how the collision happened. It was right to get a penalty but why it had to be a stop-go, and not a drive-through penalty, I would like to understand better as I felt it was too hard. Anyway, the good thing is that step-by-step, the hard work of our team is paying off more and more, and this is a good feeling heading towards our next home race.”

Credit: Mercedes GP (www3.mercedes-gp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment