Saturday, August 27, 2011

GreenBkk.com Force India | Meet The Force

Meet The Force

Friday ,26 August 2011

Let’s introduce Ian Strange, Force India’s reliability engineer, who joined the team back in the summer of 2007.








Sum up your job in three words…
Car Must Finish! Or Reliability! Reliability! Reliability!

The best thing about working at Force India?
I know it’s a cliché, but being part of a team and working with the people around you.

Best Force India moment?
Fisichella’s podium two years ago in Spa, but hopefully the best is yet to come!

Do you have any superstitions?
I don’t believe in any of that nonsense.

How did you become interested in engineering?
I come from a long line of engineers. My dad worked on Concorde as chief of weights and loads, and helped inspire me. He’s not been well lately – get well soon Dad!

Have the team given you a nickname yet?
Trust me, I’ve heard them all, but the most common is ‘Strange Ian’.

Favourite venue on the calendar and why?
Ask me again when I’ve done a full season. For now, Monza stands out as a special place.

If you had one wish, what would it be?
Obvious - three more wishes…

How do you relax or switch off from F1?
A three-hour drive home to Angela, Bean & Katy where I can enjoy Somerset village life.

Credit: Force India (www.forceindiaf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment