Wednesday, August 24, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | D'Ambrosio excited by home race

D'Ambrosio excited by home race

Tuesday 23rd August 2011

Jerome d'Ambrosio is eagerly awaiting this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix as he becomes the first home driver to take part for 17 years.

Lotus's Philippe Adams was the last Belgian to race at Spa-Francorchamps back in 1994 and D'Ambrosio is understandably excited to be lining up on the grid.

"I have been looking forward to my first Formula One Belgian Grand Prix for a very long time, and now that the weekend has finally arrived I have to say that I am really excited and I can't wait to race in front of my home fans," the Virgin Racing driver explained.

"It's been a long time since Belgium had a Formula One driver, so it's going to be a very special weekend both for me and the fans and I'm going to try to enjoy every moment.

D'Ambrosio has enjoyed a solid debut season, recording a highest finish of 14th which he achieved in both Australia and Canada.

Virgin Racing team principal John Booth is hopeful that the team can continue their solid run and in the process give D'Ambrosio and his fans a race to remember.

"From Canada onwards we have been able to finish every single race with both our cars staying out of trouble and showing good reliability, so we've got to make sure we hang on to our good form," said Booth.

"This is going to be Jerome's 12th race in F1, but it's a special weekend for him as he is racing at home. I'm sure this will make him push even harder and it will be great to see all the Belgian fans supporting their driver at their home race," he added.

Credit: ESPN STAR (www.espnstar.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment