Saturday, August 27, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Di Resta fully rested

Di Resta fully rested

Scot hungry for action

Last Updated: August 27, 2011 8:14am


Paul di Resta: Looking forward to racing again

Paul di Resta is determined to get his head down this weekend after the break in the season.

Since being handed the race seat at Force India at the end of December, the last eight months have also been non-stop with grands prix, testing earlier in the year and sponsorship commitments.

The whirlwind has left the Scot not knowing whether he has been coming or going at times, so it is no wonder he opted not to stray beyond his home in Monaco over the past few weeks.

For one thing, it enabled him to catch up on some much-needed sleep as he said: "I had a good break, spending quality time with my family, doing what we wanted.

"After Hungary I just went straight home and stayed there for the full term.

"The weather was good, and I trained probably harder than I've ever done in my life, to build my fitness back up again because you lose it through the year.

"To be somewhere for that long was nice. I can't remember sleeping in the same bed for that long. I generally spent my time training, relaxing or sleeping.

"I was completely away from Formula One, which was quite an unusual thing. I was surprised at how quiet the whole world was.

"Last year in the summer break I was racing in DTM most weekends, so I never had a break which I feel is a big benefit to the people in F1 given how hectic it is."

The rest also allowed Di Resta to take stock of the first part of the season that at least ended in satisfactory fashion in Hungary with his best finish to date of seventh.

"The break gave me time to analyse the beginning of the year, how that went and what I'd like to carry on going into the remainder of the year," added Di Resta, ahead of this weekend's race in Belgium.

"During my training there were things that went through my head, picking up points which have been key factors, organising for the rest of the year, where I want to be and what I want to be doing."

Yesterday did not go exactly according to plan as a minor off in the wet in first practice resulted in longer than expected repairs and a delay in starting out in FP2.

However, an upbeat Di Resta, who eventually finished ninth after just six laps in the second session, heads into today's qualifying relatively content.

"Despite not completing a massive number of laps, I don't think we're in bad shape because I managed to do running in both the wet and the dry," said Di Resta.

"I don't think what happened cost us too much because we were on track when we needed to be, and did dry running, so I'm reasonably happy."

Credit: Sky Sports (www.skysports.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment