Friday, August 26, 2011

GreenBkk.com Lotus Renault GP | BRUNO: “IT’S GOING TO BE A BIG CHALLENGE”

BRUNO: “IT’S GOING TO BE A BIG CHALLENGE”

26/08/2011


Bruno, how ready are you for your return and what about coming back here at this particular circuit?
BS: Well, it is going to be a big challenge to come back into the middle of the season – or a bit later than the middle of the season – into racing but I have been participating in all the meetings with the engineers so I have been very much up to date with what is going on in the team. The Friday in Hungary was very useful for me to get a feel for the car and get a feel for how the car can go. But, of course, it is going to be a big uphill battle to get up to the level of these guys who have been racing for 11 races now. The fact that it is here, in Spa, is very special. It is my favourite circuit and a circuit that historically I have done very well on so I am really looking forward to it. I hope I can progress fast and hopefully do a good job for these guys because it is the best way to appreciate the opportunity that they are giving me.

And, of course, you’ve driven a Formula One car around here quite recently in May. There is, I believe, photographic evidence of that.
BS: Yes, it was also good too. Every time you can drive the car recently it makes it easier for you to learn. It was for a demonstration, only a few laps, but still great to have a better reference than from my previous references and hopefully this time it will be a more serious run.

What can you expect from yourself really this weekend?
BS: It is hard to say. Friday was very tough, Friday in Hungary was really, really difficult but again I only had one set of tyres. I know I will be having to learn how to deal with the tyres from the first set all the way to the sets in qualifying and then again learning how to deal with the tyres for the race as that will be my first experience with the Pirelli tyres on high fuel going to low fuel. All this experience I don’t have so if I can be anywhere near Petrov that would be a good reference.

Credit: Lotus Renault GP (www.lotusrenaultgp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment