Monday, September 12, 2011

GreenBkk.com Jenson Button | Second Place at Monza!

Second Place at Monza!

12.09.2011


"It's nice to have fought my way back through to second - but it's frustrating to have had a problem at the start with the clutch, because it cost me dearly. I dropped back to sixth, then, at the restart, I had no way of keeping Mark [Webber] back, because his straight line speed was so strong, so I slipped to seventh.

"Obviously, that enabled the leaders to get a long way out in front, and I was delayed by a further four or five seconds when Mark and Felipe [Massa] tangled in front of me at Turn One.

"After that, I was able to get my head down and passed Lewis and Michael [Schumacher] within the space of about five corners, which was really satisfying. After that, I set about closing down Fernando [Alonso], it was great to be able to secure second because we got some good points for the team.

"On the whole, the team's done a great job this weekend, but it's the little problems that are frustrating: if you have one of those, then you're not going to beat Red Bull and Sebastian [Vettel]. Hopefully, we'll have no problems at the next race because if we can get everything together then we can challenge for a win."

Started: 3rd
Finished: 2nd
Fastest lap: 1m26.207s (+0.020s, 2nd)
Pitstops: Two: laps 17 and 33 (Op-Op-Pr)
2011 points: 167 (3rd)

Credit: Jenson Button (www.jensonbutton.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment