Monday, November 07, 2011

GreenBkk.com Force India | Adrian Sutil: “It was a good weekend”

Adrian Sutil: “It was a good weekend”

Tuesday ,1 November 2011

Sahara Force India was determined to scored points in its home race and Adrian Sutil’s ninth place on Sunday was a welcome result for the team. His two points helped the team to consolidate its sixth place in the constructors’ championship.





How satisfying was it to get some points in the team’s home race?

“I’m very happy: I think that was the maximum for us. I just lost out to the Toro Rossos - they were faster. But I was happier with the balance than in Korea, so we did a little step. Ninth position was two very important points I think, so it was a good weekend.”


How was your start and first lap?

“The start was very good, but we were just a little bit slow on the straight without the DRS, so I had to let Michael past into the hairpin. But his pace was anyway so much quicker, and it was just a matter of time. I was focussed on my race from there, and once the Toro Rossos got me as well on the straight, I had my race controlled. Perez was behind and I tried to push on, and everything was good.”


Were you struggling a bit on the soft tyre early on?

“The soft tyre didn’t really work so well for us, so I was always a little bit on the oversteery side. The rear tyre gave up very quickly. But on the other hand, the hard tyre worked very well. I think I stopped at the right time – we did our stop a bit earlier, and that really saved me, because the balance improved. In the end I was quite quick and could defend quite well from the soft runners.”


The Buddh track has some wide corner entries to encourage overtaking. Did the dust off line make it harder?

“I didn’t see a possibility for me to try a move at these wide corners, but I think the layout was very good for racing. In the second and third sectors it’s quite hard to keep up, but then you have two double DRS zones where you can make the difference again and be fast enough to pass on the straights.”


You’ve been to India many times for PR events so you knew what to expect. Was it fun having all that attention around the team?

“It was very nice in the drivers’ parade, I could see all the people in the stands and they were really cheering for us a lot. It was a very special crowd, very unique. I haven’t seen so many fans for us at any other circuit!”

Credit: Sahara Force India Formula One Team (www.forceindiaf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment