Monday, November 07, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Clos to run with HRT at Abu Dhabi test

Clos to run with HRT at Abu Dhabi test


Spanish GP2 driver Dani Clos will join HRT’s ranks for the young driver test which takes place at the Yas Marina Circuit next week following the 2011 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The 23 year-old from Barcelona will race in the GP2 Final over the Grand Prix weekend before getting the chance to take another step towards Formula One in the November 15-17 session.

“I feel very lucky to be driving a Formula One car again,” said Clos, who previously tested with Williams in 2008. “It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make it to an F1 test. I would like to thank the whole HRT team beforehand for putting their trust in me.”

Clos made his single-seater debut in 2004 in Formula Renault Italia 2.0, going on to win the title in 2006. A year later he joined Renault’s F1 programme and took part in the Formula Three Euroseries. In 2008 he entered Williams’ young driver programme before making his GP2 debut in 2009. He took his first GP2 win in 2010 and this season finished ninth overall in the series.

“I have worked very hard throughout my career and to see HRT F1 Team deposit its faith in me is a great way of proving my worth,” he added. “I am sure that the work we will put in will be beneficial for both parties. I want to thank everyone that backs me and trusts in me, especially the people who are closest to me, for having helped me into making this a reality.”

Credit: Formula One Administration Ltd (www.formula1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment