Monday, November 14, 2011

GreenBkk.com Mercedes GP | Abu Dhabi, Sunday: Nico “Thanks to my engineering team who did a brilliant job here. I was quite happy with my car all weekend”

Abu Dhabi, Sunday: Nico “Thanks to my engineering team who did a brilliant job here. I was quite happy with my car all weekend”

Race News // 13.11.2011


Nico felt “the race was quite interesting today. The start didn’t work out very well as I tried to overtake Felipe but suddenly there was no space left. Michael was able to overtake me, and we had a fun battle before I took the place back. From then, I was able to handle my tyre situation very well. I stayed out a bit longer before the second stop as there was some grip left, and it was better to stay out with the softer tyres. With the prime tyres, I had some understeer which made it impossible to overtake Felipe towards the end.

Thanks to my engineering team who did a brilliant job here and I was quite happy with my car all weekend. Our pit stop guys were also great again, and that’s why we achieved a good result today. It makes me look forward to Brazil and hopefully we can achieve another good result there.”

Credit: Mercedes GP Petronas Formula one Team (www3.mercedes-gp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment