Friday, November 11, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Cecotto Jr completes Force India Abu Dhabi test line-up

Cecotto Jr completes Force India Abu Dhabi test line-up


Johnny Cecotto Junior will enjoy his first taste of Formula One power next week as he tests for Force India at the young driver session in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday. The team have already announced that British driver Max Chilton will also be in action for them during the three-day test.

“I think all drivers want to race in Formula One so the chance to get time in the Sahara Force India F1 car is a big moment for me,” said Cecotto. “In fact, I can’t stop smiling at the thought of driving such an amazing car.

"I know there’s a massive amount to learn and a lot of work to get through on the day, but I definitely feel ready to get behind the wheel. I hope I can do a good job and repay the faith the team have shown by giving me a chance in the car.”

Since graduating from karting the 22 year-old Venezuelan has enjoyed spells in Formula BMW, Formula Three and GP2. This season he competed in GP2 Asia before tackling the main GP2 Series, finishing 24th in the championship.

His father, Johnny Cecotto, won two motorcycling championships in 1975 and ‘78 and switched to F1 during the 1980s, driving for Theodore and Toleman.

The Abu Dhabi young driver test takes place at the Yas Marina Circuit on November 15-17.

Credit: Formula One Administration Ltd (www.formula1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment