Wednesday, December 15, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Liuzzi confident of Force India position

Liuzzi confident of Force India position

Despite all the speculation surrounding Force India's driver line-up for next season, incumbent Vitantonio Liuzzi believes his position is 'safe'.

The Italain was consistently outperformed by his team-mate, Adrian Sutil, during this season, with Liuzzi struggling with the set-up of the car much more than the German.

While Sutil scored 47 points in the season, Liuzzi managed just 21 with his poor contribution seeing the team lose out on seventh spot in the Constructors' race to Williams by just one point.

As the rumour mill goes into overdrive, with suggestions that either Force India test driver Paul di Resta or former Williams man Nico Hulkenberg will displace him, Liuzzi is remaining calm.

"Each time a driver is said to interest Force India, looks like it's always me the one who has to move over," Liuzzi told Autosprint.

"This is obviously just what part of the media says, because on my part I'm very calm.

"In the team no one has told me anything about it, I have a contract for next year, and I'm already at work with that in mind. I feel safe, not just with the contract I have in my hands, but also with the fine relationship I have with the team.

"I don't need to talk to the team about this: the situation is clear, the rest is just speculations. The team has told me it can't stop the media, and it has already denied those rumours at the Suzuka press conference. The fact that my name is not on the FIA list matters little, as other drivers who have already signed are missing too. Things are more than clear between me and Force India," he added.

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment