Sunday, July 17, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Kubica undecided on return date

Kubica undecided on return date

Robert Kubica has said there is no timetable set for his return amid rumours he could come back at the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix.

The Renault driver has not raced this season after suffering serious arm and leg injuries in a rally accident in February.

It was though that the injuries would rule him out for the entire 2011 campaign, although recent reports have suggested that he was targeting a return at the final race of the year.

But the Pole has played down the rumours, saying he will only get back in the car when the time is right and has no specific date in mind.

"I like to have a goal when it's a reasonable one," he told a fans Q&A on his team's website.

"We'll see how the next few months go in terms of the rehabilitation process evolution and then we'll take a decision in due time.

"What is important is that I know that my team is keeping my seat for whenever I need it."

He added: "It is difficult to predict the timing of a process that is also dependent to the 'rules of nature'.

"But the good news is that my recovery is consistent and sooner or later I will feel sufficiently fit to be able to put a date on when I'll be back."

Credit: ESPN STAR (www.espnstar.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment