Friday, July 29, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Trulli overjoyed with new power steering

Trulli overjoyed with new power steering

ESPNF1 Staff
July 29, 2011


Jarno Trulli: "As soon as I pulled out this morning it felt so much better" © Sutton Images

Jarno Trulli believes a new power steering system introduced to his Lotus during Friday practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix will solve the problems he has had this year.

Trulli has been outqualified 9-1 by team-mate Heikki Kovalainen this season as he has struggled with the "feel" of the Lotus. The team has been working on a new steering system during practice sessions at recent races and Trulli, who was over 0.4s faster than Kovalainen and just over 0.1s shy of Toro Rosso's Sebastien Buemi on Friday, said the difference was night and day.

"I'm very happy today," he said. "I want to thank the whole team, everyone at the factory and in the race team because they have all been patient with me and have worked hard to give me the new power steering system and a car that I can really feel.

"As soon as I pulled out this morning it felt so much better than before so today I've been able to start rebuilding my confidence in the car, and working on all the little changes and improvements that help me to find a setup I can really work with. It's been a really positive day and for that my thanks go to everyone in the team."

Lotus chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne said upgrades at the rear of the car had also produced results.

"That was one of the best Fridays we have had this year," he said. "We have made some modifications to the diffuser and those changes have definitely worked, and with Jarno immediately telling us the new power steering system is working exactly as we wanted it to we have been able to push closer to the cars ahead than we have for a while."

Credit: ESPN F1 (en.espnf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment