Saturday, July 23, 2011

GreenBkk.com Mercedes GP | NÜRBURGRING, SATURDAY: MICHAEL: “WE NOW HAVE TO SEE HOW WE CAN IMPROVE FOR TOMORROW”

NÜRBURGRING, SATURDAY: MICHAEL: “WE NOW HAVE TO SEE HOW WE CAN IMPROVE FOR TOMORROW”

RACE NEWS // 23.07.2011


Michael's result didn't match expectations when he qualified tenth this afternoon: “Already this morning, the car was not the one I had in my hands up to the first run in P3. It felt like I was just sliding around out there and the balance wasn’t great. We had a KERS problem this morning, which we thought explained the big gap to Nico, however in qualifying I was still nearly a second away and couldn’t have matched his time, so we have to analyse deeply what could be the reason for it. Obviously then, I tried to push even harder to compensate which led to a mistake in the last chicane on my last lap, probably costing me P8. We now have to see how we can improve for tomorrow, and I will certainly try to have a good start and a race as good as possible.”

Credit: Mercedes GP (www3.mercedes-gp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment