Sunday, August 28, 2011

GreenBkk.com Force India | Paul Di Resta : “The car looks reasonably competitive”

Paul Di Resta : “The car looks reasonably competitive”

Saturday ,27 August 2011

Paul Di Resta had mixed fortunes on his first day at Spa for Force India on Friday. In the damp morning session he slid into the tyres, and then in the afternoon he was an encouraging ninth during the short widow of dry weather running. We asked him about his day.





What are your impressions of Spa in an F1 car?
“It’s quite an exciting track, and it’s obviously high speed. The cars work well here. It’s quite similar to Silverstone in that the cars go round corners quicker than you believe that they can. It was relatively short, five laps [of dry running], and there’s obviously bits I can learn during the weekend.”

Would you rate it as one of the best tracks of the ones that you’ve driven on so far?
“Yeah, it’s a nice track to drive. I would say it’s definitely up there. Hopefully over the weekend I’ll get a bit more to grips with it and enjoy it a lot.”

How much did the crash set you back? You lost some track time…
“I don’t think it was too much. It was a small mistake. There are some control systems that we can use to certainly help with what happened. I don’t think it was too costly. It was unfortunate, but at the end of the day when you’re pushing these things can happen. Maybe I was pushing too early, but at the same time you’ve got to be on the edge to get the feeling.”

Was there a river across the track at that point?
“No, I think I caught the outside line, or locked the wheels. It was a combination of both. I’m not going to make excuses for it. I lost it on entry.”

It wasn’t a big impact but your head got a little shaken around. Was there any problem?
“No, there was nothing. I would have driven away, but I just broke the rear trackrod, that was it.”

You only had a few laps in the dry, but did you learn anything useful about the tyres, or was the track still too green?
“The track was still too green, and the fuel levels obviously varied up and down the paddock. The car looks reasonably competitive, so hopefully we can continue that on.”

Credit: Force India (www.forceindiaf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment