Sunday, December 04, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | D'Ambrosio remains hopeful

D'Ambrosio remains hopeful

Belgian says he has more credibility than this time last year

Last Updated: December 4, 2011 12:31pm


D'Ambrosio: 'Not gone unnoticed' in the paddock

Jerome d'Ambrosio is confident his time in F1 did not end with the 2011 season finale, revealing he has discussed "various options" with other teams.

In the wake of the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix, Virgin Racing confirmed that d'Ambrosio was out and would be replaced by GP2 driver Charles Pic for the 2012 season.

That left d'Ambrosio with few options for next year's Championship as the grid is filling up fast.

However, the Belgian racer is confident that as part of Eric Boullier's Gravity management stable he will find a way to remain in Formula One.

"I finished on a high note with a great weekend; probably my best of the season," he told ESPNF1.

"I will not be with the team next year but the team was happy with my season. The new goal of course is to be here (in Formula One) next year.

"Without saying any names, we have discussed various options.

"My situation is the same as last year, except that I have done a very good season and I have not gone unnoticed in the paddock. So I have more credibility than before.

"I think a lot of things can still happen on the driver transfer market, so we'll see what happens."

Credit: Sky Sports (www.skysports.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment