Monday, November 29, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Defiant Massa rejects pressure talk

Defiant Massa rejects pressure talk

Credit: ESPN F1 (espn.com)

Felipe Massa didn' t have a great 2010 season © Getty Images

A defiant Felipe Massa has insisted that he does not feel under any pressure to prove his worth to Ferrari during the 2011 season.

It has been suggested that Massa's drive with the Italian giants could be under threat after he was left in the shadow by Fernando Alonso in 2010, finishing 108 points behind his Spanish team-mate.

But Massa, who is without a race win in two years, is adamant that he feels confident of holding onto his Ferrari drive for the foreseeable future.

"I don't think 2011 signifies a crucial year for me," he insisted. "Fundamentally, I have been in this situation often.

"I remember that at the start of 2006, many people said I would only last a year at Ferrari and then I won races that season and went on to stay for a long time more.

"In 2008, there was a lot of pressure, especially at the start, but I managed to cross the line at the end of the final race as world champion [before Lewis Hamilton's move on Timo Glock that sealed it for the Englishman].

"This year, there were many who said I would have a difficult year after my accident in Budapest - it turned out that way, but not for that reason."

Credit: ESPN F1 (espn.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment