Monday, November 29, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Trulli hints at Lotus future

Trulli hints at Lotus future

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


Jarno Trulli firmly believes he will be a Lotus driver next season despite the team having yet to confirm their 2011 line-up.

Trulli joined Lotus from Toyota at the start of this year's Championship, entrusted with guiding the team during their first season in Formula One.

And although it's been a difficult year with Lotus, they did 10th in the Constructors' Championship, the best of the newcomers.

"I'll go to the factory in a few days to get ready and prepare the 2011 season chassis, cockpit and seat," Trulli told BBC Radio Norfolk.

"Then I will probably have a break with my family, just relaxing."

Asked for his highlight of the season, the 36-year-old stated that it was the Brazilian GP even though it was not one of his better results.

"It's really hard to find a highlight for me, but Brazil was a great weekend, nearly a smooth weekend for me," he said.

"I qualified well, unfortunately during the race I had another failure, but my pace was unbelievably quick.

"At the end of the season I found something in the setup and car characteristic which gave me a good step in terms of performance.

"In the end I was happy with it even though it was a tough season."

In fact, his best result came at the Japanese GP where the Italian finished in 13th place, three positions outside of the points.

But despite not scoring a single World Championship point this season, Trulli insists he races with as much motivation as he would if he was driving a car capable of scoring.

"You've got to have the motivation in order to push harder, no matter where you are at the end of a lap," he added.

"Some performances have been pretty bad compared to what I was used to.

"But nevertheless I have always tried to get the best out of myself and the car, I've still enjoyed a lot of good fights."

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment