Monday, November 08, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | 'It'll take a miracle,' says Hamilton

'It'll take a miracle,' says Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton challenges Nico Hulkenberg © Getty Images
Lewis Hamilton admitted that his title chances were now all but over after he could only manage to finish fourth behind his main title rivals at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

"I pushed as hard as I could on every lap today, but this was a tough race for me. I actually feel quite lucky to have finished where I did," said Hamilton. "The car just didn't feel like it did in practice. I was even struggling to overtake the backmarkers in a straight line - Fernando [Alonso] shot past me at the start, too - and it almost felt like my F-duct wasn't working perfectly."

The result leaves Hamilton 24 points behind championship leader Fernando Alonso and he now has to rely on retirements from his rivals to stand any chance at all in Abu Dhabi.

"I'm still in the hunt for the drivers' championship, but I'm 24 points down, so I have nothing to lose now. In Abu Dhabi I'll be doing everything I can to pull off the win I need, and hoping the other guys hit problems.

"As always, we won't give up and we'll keep on pushing. We've seen many times before that almost anything can happen in the last race of the season. It'll take a miracle - but miracles can happen!"

Credit: ESPN F1


No comments:

Post a Comment