Tuesday, December 28, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Alonso not fazed by Vettel partnership

Alonso not fazed by Vettel partnership


Fernando Alonso insists he would have no qualms about having Sebastian Vettel as a team-mate.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo recently spoke of his belief that the current World Champion would be driving 'a red car' in the near future, and Alonso has welcomed the prospect of racing alongside Vettel.

"I'm not afraid of Vettel," the Spaniard told Marca.

"Should he come to Ferrari one day, it won't be a problem."

Alonso endured a tumultuous season at McLaren in 2007 in which he is believed to have clashed with the team hierarchy over their failure to throw their weight fully behind his campaign, and Vettel too is no stranger to team-mate troubles.

The German and current Red Bull colleague Mark Webber clashed at times during the past season amidst claims that Vettel was favoured by the Austrian-owned team.

Despite the stiff competition that Vettel would provide the two-time World Champion, Alonso believes his has no reason to worry about being in the same team as the youngster.

"I'm not afraid to face any team-mate, I've never feared any of them," he explained.

"None of my team-mates have ever finished a season with more points than I have, so I don't see why I should be afraid of anyone."

The 29-year-old believes that Ferrari will produce a car capable of winning the World Championship next season, having often been outshone by Red Bull over the past year.

"I have no doubts that next year Ferrari will build the car that I want," he said.

"We [are] already very excited about it," the Spaniard added.

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment