Monday, December 13, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Schumi confident of Merc success

Schumi confident of Merc success


Michael Schumacher insists he "feels good" about his decision to return to Formula One this year.

The seven-time World Champion was expected to challenge for the title this year, but he failed to beat team-mate Nico Rosberg, let alone compete for the Championship. He eventually finished ninth in the Drivers' standings with 72 points - 70 points behind Rosberg.

His woes this year have led to speculation that he could quit the sport again, but the German says he's not ready to quit as he wants his return to be "successful".

"I enjoy it. I feel I have the right to do what I enjoy," he told CNN. "Whether I put in dispute my reputation...I just feel good about my decision and I have so much support from people.

"I certainly want to make it a successful return," he continued. "I'm only happy if I'm back on the winning road with the team. This is what I'm working for, this is the joy of the passion for Formula 1.

"It's certainly not as successful as I thought initially and many other people have thought."

"But then having such a strong group and team behind, Mercedes pushing it so hard, I have no doubt about success in the future."

Team boss Ross Brawn says although things haven't gone according to plan this year, he has seen plenty of positives.

"It's been disappointing, in overall performance, we haven't had the car, Michael's taken a little time to get up to the performance he'll be able to deliver," Brawn said. "I've seen patches of that performance... the last few races of the season was the Michael Schumacher I expected to see.

Brawn added: "Now it's all coming together and I think next year we're going to have a really exciting time."

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment