Wednesday, January 19, 2011

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Fauzy leaves Lotus for, erm, Lotus

Fauzy leaves Lotus for, erm, Lotus


Former Lotus Racing reserve driver Fairuz Fauzy has been handed the Lotus Renault testing role for the 2011 season.

The 28-year-old Malaysian, who started his F1 career as a tester with Spyker in 2006, spent last year as reserve driver for Tony Fernandes' team, but will now perform back-up duties for the Lotus-backed Renault.

Despite his F1 commitments, Renault confirmed Fauzy will also compete in the GP2 Series with Super Nova Racing in a car branded for Lotus Cars stakeholder Proton.

"I want to thank Lotus Renault GP for giving me this opportunity," Fauzy said.

"It's a real honour to be part of a top team that has achieved so much in the sport and it's something any driver dreams about. It feels especially exciting because of the new partnership with Lotus and I'm very proud to be here at the start of a new era for the team.

"It's also a great opportunity for me to improve as a driver and learn as much as I can about Formula 1 so that hopefully one day I can be on the grid myself."

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment