Friday, January 28, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Schumacher: 'I can win an eighth title'

Schumacher: 'I can win an eighth title'


Formula One’s most successful driver, Michael Schumacher, believes he can add an eighth drivers’ championship trophy to his cabinet in 2011 or, failing that, 2012.

The German had a troubled comeback to the sport in 2010 which saw him struggling to get to grips with the weaker front tyres, whilst his team-mate almost managed to outscore him two to one.

Schumacher though looked to be getting to grips with the car toward the end of the season, and it’s this which has built his confidence for the upcoming season.

When asked if he thought he could be the champion in 2011, he replied: "Absolutely. Look, we have a three-year project. Very clearly right now, we are not where we want to be. We've put a lot of effort into coming back and are optimistic we have a chance," he said in an interview with F1 Racing.

"But in the history of F1, when does it ever happen that you come back straightaway from this level to win in just one year? Very rarely," he said adamantly.

"So I'm sure we can fight for wins this year and we might be able to fight for the championship. I hope so. I'm here on a mission and I want to succeed. I want to perform and I'm going to put 100 per cent into it. And if that's not the case in 2011, then we will have to do it in the final year."

Credit: The F1 Times (www.thef1times.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment