Saturday, July 23, 2011

GreenBkk.com Force India | Adrian Sutil Q&A

Adrian Sutil Q&A

Saturday ,23 July 2011

“The car seems to be competitive again”









Adrian Sutil enjoyed a solid day of preparation at the Nurburgring on Friday, taking eighth place in the morning session and 10th in the afternoon in front of his home fans. The Force India driver had a trouble-free day, and the new parts worked well.

Adrian, the car looks competitive at your home race. Are you encouraged by that?
“Yes it’s my home race, and it’s nice to be here. It’s a cool circuit and I like it a lot. The car seems to be quite competitive again, similar to Silverstone I would say, and we have to focus on the race this weekend, as I hope we can score some good points. Today the programme went very well, without any incidents, no problems, and always within the top 10. So it’s encouraging.”

You tried some new parts today. Did that go well?
“We had a few modifications on the car, especially in the floor area, and it seemed to help a little bit. That was the focus. There are a lot of different things we’re running – it’s a bit confusing, but I think we are on the right path.”

You were already in the top 10 today in the dry – would you prefer a wet race?
“We want to score more than only one point, but I think it’s possible also in the dry, so I’m quite relaxed about the weather conditions. It looks very rainy, so I think on Sunday we’re going to have a wet race. Tomorrow maybe we’ll be lucky and qualifying will be dry, but it will probably arrive at 2pm! For sure it’s going to be interesting.”

It was here in May 2006 that you made your F1 debut, driving on Friday morning. Does it feel like five years?
“It was a long time ago, and I’m getting older! I’ve almost forgotten that time already, there’s so much going on every year. But it was a very, very special moment. When I went out on Friday morning there were so many cameras, it was spectacular! I’m happy to be back here after five years.”

Credit: Force India (www.forceindiaf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment