Sunday, July 31, 2011

GreenBkk.com Mercedes GP | HUNGARORING, SUNDAY: NICO: “I COLLECTED JUST TWO POINTS, BUT STILL MORE THAN LAST YEAR”

HUNGARORING, SUNDAY: NICO: “I COLLECTED JUST TWO POINTS, BUT STILL MORE THAN LAST YEAR”

RACE NEWS // 31.07.2011


After finishing in ninth place today, Nico reflected on his race: “I had a decent start today and gained three positions which was encouraging. In the middle of the race, the prime tyres no longer had any grip in the increasingly damp conditions so we took the decision to put on intermediates. Unfortunately the rain shower proved not to be very strong and we had to switch to slicks which cost me a few positions. I pushed very hard to catch Buemi and Di Resta, and managed to close the gap, but it was impossible to overtake them in the last corners. So I collected just two points, but still more than last year. Now I’m looking forward to the next two races after the break. Spa and Monza are high-speed tracks where the Mercedes-Benz engine power in our car should be a benefit.”

Credit: Mercedes GP (www3.mercedes-gp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment