Sunday, July 31, 2011

GreenBkk.com Mercedes GP | HUNGARORING, SUNDAY: MICHAEL: “WE SUFFERED A GEARBOX PROBLEM WHICH FORCED MY RETIREMENT.”

HUNGARORING, SUNDAY: MICHAEL: “WE SUFFERED A GEARBOX PROBLEM WHICH FORCED MY RETIREMENT.”

RACE NEWS // 31.07.2011


A tricky afternoon for Michael having had to retire the car: “An unfortunate end to my race today when we suffered a gearbox problem which forced my retirement. As far as we know, this had nothing to do with the spin I had when fighting with Felipe which was mainly caused by avoiding contact. At the start, we gambled a little with low tyre pressures as we were expecting the track to dry quite quickly, but that turned out to be very slippery to drive. I came in for dry tyres one lap too late, but we can only handle one car at a time obviously. From then onwards, the race developed normally, but I would not have been able to make a very big step forward from the position I was in when I retired.”

Credit: Mercedes GP (www3.mercedes-gp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment