Tuesday, August 23, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | D'Ambrosio excited for home race

D'Ambrosio excited for home race

ESPNF1 Staff
August 23, 2011


Jerome d'Ambrosio is the first Belgian driver since Thierry Boutsen drove for Jordan in 1993 © Sutton Images

Jerome d'Ambrosio says it will "be a very special weekend" when he participates in the Belgian Grand Prix.

With 2011 being d'Ambrosio's debut season in Formula One, this weekend at Spa is the first time he will have participated in his home grand prix. D'Ambrosio admitted that he had been looking ahead to Belgium since the start of the season, and that he was focussing on enjoying the experience in front of the home support.

"I have been looking forward to my first Formula One Belgian Grand Prix for a very long time," d'Ambrosio said. "And now that the weekend has finally arrived I have to say that I am really excited and I can't wait to race in front of my home fans. It's been a long time since Belgium had a Formula One driver - exactly 18 years since Thierry Boutsen last raced in an F1 car. So it's going to be a very special weekend both for me and the fans and I'm going to try to enjoy every moment.

"There's nothing like racing at home and Spa is clearly one of my absolute favourite circuits. Its layout gives everything one could want as a driver - fast corners, hills and long straights. It really is one of the most challenging laps in the world. And we can't forget the legendary corner of Eau Rouge. It's just amazing!"

Credit: ESPN F1 (en.espnf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment