Tuesday, August 16, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Michael Schumacher insists he will continue to race in Formula 1 in 2012

Michael Schumacher insists he will continue to race in Formula 1 in 2012

By Pablo Elizalde
Monday, August 15th 2011, 16:26 GMT

Michael Schumacher insists there are no doubts about his presence on the Formula 1 grid in 2012, the German rubbishing rumours that he will have to make way at Mercedes.

The 42-year-old has endured a disappointing 2011 season so far, with his Mercedes car not proving competitive enough to fight for podiums or victories.

That has kicked off speculation about the seven-time champion's future, despite still being under contract for next year.

However, on Monday, Schumacher again denied having plans to leave the sport before his contract expires.

"Despite some funny rumours and stupid untruthful stories, I keep repeating myself that you will have to see me in 2012, whether you like it or don't like it," Schumacher said in a interview with Mercedes's website.

"I will be there. And the good thing is that I have a lot of support from all around, in particular from the company, in particular from the team, that they all wish me to be there, so I wish to be there, and I look forward to it."

He added: "I'm still fit enough. I'm still mentally ready for it. And I like a challenge."

Credit: AUTOSPORT.COM (www.autosport.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment