Saturday, August 27, 2011

GreenBkk.com Jenson Button | Free Practice in Belgium

Free Practice in Belgium

27.08.2011

"Despite the changeable weather, I think we learnt quite a bit today. We didn’t get quite as many laps' running in the dry as we'd have liked, but we still made some reasonable progress.

"I tried a couple of different rear-wing combinations today – and each had their positives and negatives. The wet weather didn't make it easy to draw many meaningful comparisons, and it'll be a bit of a challenge to decide which way to take the car's set-up direction, but I'm sure we'll get there.

"Speaking personally, I think it might have been more fun to race with DRS through Eau Rouge – but on the other hand I suppose you'd have to say that, on balance, the FIA has made the right choice: you lose so much downforce by activating the DRS that it’s safer to keep it closed through the corner.

"I'd definitely prefer it to be dry on Sunday. I reckon we'd still do a very good job in the wet, but I think we're looking very strong in the dry. The Red Bulls are very strong in the middle sector too, but we're definitely in good shape overall."

P1 programme - 8 laps - 2m02.740s (+8.385s) 3rd
P2 programme - 9 laps - 1m50.770s (+0.449s) 3rd

Credit: Jenson Button (www.jensonbutton.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment