Thursday, September 29, 2011

GreenBkk.com Force India | Adrian Sutil: “At the moment we are all thinking as a team”

Adrian Sutil: “At the moment we are all thinking as a team”

Tuesday ,27 September 2011

The Singapore Grand Prix provided Force India with a great result as Paul Di Resta finished sixth and Adrian Sutil eighth. However it wasn’t a straight fight between the pair as the team decided to roll the dice and split their strategies





Thus Paul started on the soft tyre, and Adrian on the supersoft. In the end Paul’s worked a little better and he was able to get ahead of both his team-mate and Nico Rosberg. Nevertheless it was a good race for Adrian, who took home another valuable helping of points after just holding off Felipe Massa’s Ferrari.

Singapore was a great result for the team, but in retrospect would you have liked to have swapped strategies with Paul?
“It was a little bit unlucky for me! But at the moment we are thinking as a team, and especially our fight with Sauber in the constructors’ championship. That’s very important, and we did the maximum as a team. I let Paul through because he was on a different strategy, he was on the softer tyre by then, and he was a bit faster. Then, after three laps the safety car came out, and I had to queue up behind him in the pitlane.”

Did you lose some time in the pits?
“I think I could have jumped Nico Rosberg, as our pit stop was still very good. But when I wanted to leave the pits again I had to wait because a Sauber was coming in. I lost over three seconds, and that’s where I lost out to Nico. Then after that I was behind him, preserving my tyres as much as I could. In the end it got very close, I was following him very closely, but I was just not able to pass him. At the same time I was also lucky that I finished in eighth because Felipe Massa was pushing hard in the last few laps.”

You seemed to be involved in fights a lot of the time, with Rosberg, Sergio Perez, and others. Was it an enjoyable race?
“It was quite an enjoyable race, and very tough: a lot of heat in the car, and such a long race – with the safety car it was almost two hours again! I think it’s the hardest one of the season.”

Was it encouraging that the car was up there once again on a different type of track?
“Yes, and this car works better at high downforce circuits than low downforce circuits actually, so we’re looking good for the next few races.”

Credit: Force India (www.forceindiaf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment