Friday, September 23, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | No news on seat for 2012, says Sutil

No news on seat for 2012, says Sutil

SEPTEMBER 22, 2011 · 8:25 AM


Adrian Sutil says there is no news on his plans for 2012, and the German denies suggestions that he has visited Williams with a view to landing a seat at the Grove team.

“No developments, just rumours,” said Sutil. “I didn’t go there and I have no contact with them.

“I have to see. At the moment it’s difficult to say where is possible. The team is very good here, it’s doing a good performance. I’ve known the team for a long time, so whatever I do, I have to think twice, if it’s a good step. The top teams are closed anyway, the top four. Maybe there’s no reason to change really. I’m just concentrated on my racing and we’ll see where it goes. No plans.”

Force India has indicated that it won’t make a decision until December: “It’s pretty late, not easy, but maybe I have no other chance really! We have to wait.

“I have to be fast, and score some points, and then hopefully it’s enough for them to say yeah, he deserves another year with us or not. I think if I do my races as I can, as good as possible, then I will get a seat.”

Meanwhile Force India is focussed on beating Sauber to sixth place in the championship.

“I think it’s tight, we have to push on. I don’t know whether Sauber is putting some upgrades on the car and trying to improve their performance, but I think we have a better car, especially in qualifying. They are quite strong in the races still, so it all equals out a little bit. We have no reason to relax.”

Credit: Adam Cooper (adamcooperf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment