Saturday, November 26, 2011

GreenBkk.com Force India | Adrian Sutil: “I’ll be happy to have a few months to relax!”

Adrian Sutil: “I’ll be happy to have a few months to relax!”

Thursday ,24 November 2011

The 2011 World Championship comes to an end in Interlagos this weekend, but there is no rest yet for Sahara Force India as the team seeks to secure its sixth place in the constructors’ table






Adrian Sutil has a chance to move up to ninth in the drivers’ standings. We asked Adrian for his thoughts on the Brazilian weekend.

This has been a long season – are you happy or sad that it finally comes to an end this weekend?
“I think it’s now time to end the season and it’s good to end it here in Brazil. It should be a nice race. I’m quite happy, especially with the second half of the season. We still have some work to do this weekend for our positions in the drivers’ and constructors’ World Championships. But then I’ll be happy to have a few months to relax!”

Is Interlagos a track that you enjoy?
“I’ve had some good qualifying sessions, but in general the race never turned out well here! It’s definitely a point I’d like to change this year. But I like the circuit, that’s the main thing.”

You qualified third in 2009. Is that a sign that this could be a good circuit for you?
“It can be good for me, but in the end any circuit can be good for a driver when a little bit of luck comes into the game. I had a very good qualifying in 2009, but I had a very bad one last year. It depends on the situation. I think if you hit it right, especially in wet conditions here, if conditions are perfect for you and everything works for you, then anything is possible. I like the circuit, it’s one of the old, traditional tracks and it’s really nice to drive. Not so many corners, but it’s up and down, and quite technical.”

Any idea if Interlagos will suit the car more or less than other recent circuits?
“I think we’ll be where we always are, but maybe other teams will struggle more here or are better here, so we’ll have to see.”

The team has a good advantage in the constructors’ championship, but a wet race and good finishes with both cars for either Sauber or Toro Rosso could turn things around…
“Exactly, that’s why we have to take it very seriously. There’s a comfortable gap, but anything can happen here, we’ve seen many crazy races in the past. But in every race we try our maximum, and there’s no different approach here. We know how to do it – we’ll stay calm and do our best.”

Will you be happy with a top 10 finish in the drivers’ championship?
“I think ninth is possible with an eighth place, and if Petrov doesn’t score points. That would be a good result for me, so I’m pushing for that. But also P10 is at least one position better than last year.”

This track is anti-clockwise – do you feel it in your neck muscles?
“That’s a little bit different here. You feel it at the end of the race, but we have quite a few now in the calendar that are anti-clockwise – Singapore, Turkey, Korea, Abu Dhabi – it was more difficult a few years ago, but now we have a few.”

Credit: Sahara Force India Formula One Team (www.forceindiaf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment