Monday, November 14, 2011

GreenBkk.com Jaime Alguersuari | "It is useless to try flying faster than others... when our wings are broken"

"It is useless to try flying faster than others... when our wings are broken"

November 13 2011


The F1 World Championship reachs in two weeks the final party in Brazil. The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Jaime Alguersuari's 45th start, ended up with a lot of frustration on the part of Toro Rosso and unrestrained sadness by the team's two young drivers, Sebastien Buemi and Alguersuari.

As usual on Jaime's website, we met him a few minutes after the race: "I feel a bit confused because as I said yesterday, we could score again here in Abu Dhabi and beat Sauber.

I made a cautious start to avoid problems in the first lap.

I was using a used soft tires set, and I knew I had to wait for the second one, which was really new, to attack.

When I was called in, I promise that I did not understand anything. I saw a big confusion around and when I was searching for my wheels I found many. The time was passing by and I thought about screaming through the radio, but I thought I'd rather stay silent and waited to be able to rejoin the race.

I lost 45 seconds, 25 more than usual.

I had a big gap in front between me and some slow vehicles, but I was using hard rubber, which was not scheduled for my second stint, and I returned to the track in last position.

I was told that the team took the decision to change the strategy, and this created some confusion among mechanics that resulted in my 45 seconds-stop.

Once on track on hard tires, I knew that there was no laughter in Abu Dhabi.

I managed the car as best I could until I was called into the pits for the second and final tyre change.

I switched to the new soft tires, rejoining the race back to 15th position and was able to set the eighth best lap of the race. In front of me, only Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull and McLaren.

I guess that this is the way things go. Sometimes are better, but all in all, the damage is still reparable.

Sauber has only scored one point, and Kobayashi is two in front of me in twelfth position in the drivers' standings.

If I want comfort, I can think that last year I finished 19tth in the World Championship and this year I can be up to 12th.

Anyway, I just want to leave the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix behind, as it is useless to fly faster than others... when our wings are broken.

As I think about life, I do not feel guilty of the adverse circumstances occurred today. The same team that has had a lot of confusion today has been brilliant in many other occasions, and what I am and what I have today I I owe to them."

Jaime Alguersuari
F1 Pilot



"De nada sirve volar más rápido que los demás... cuando las alas se rompen"

13 de noviembre de 2011


Termina el mundial y sólo queda la fiesta de Brasil para cerrar el mundial de Fórmula Uno 2011. El Gran Premio de Abu Dhabi, el 45 que disputa Jaime Alguersuari terminó con mucha frustración por parte del equipo Toro Rosso y con una tristeza incontenida por parte de los dos jóvenes pilotos del equipo, Sebastien Buemi y Jaime Alguersuari.

Como es habitual en la web de Jaime, pudimos hablar con él unos minutos mientras se cambiaba después de la carrera: “Estoy muy confundido porque como anuncié ayer, los Toro Rosso tenían todas las posibilidades de puntuar de nuevo aquí en Abu Dhabi y superar a Sauber.

Hice una salida precavida pensando sobre todo en colocarme y no tener ninguna complicación en la primera vuelta.

Estaba utilizando neumáticos blandos usados, y debía de esperar el segundo juego de nuevos blandos, que eran nuevos de verdad para dar el tirón definitivo.

Cuando me llamaron al pit, os prometo que no entendí nada. Aprecié mucha confusión y las ruedas y los mecánicos me parecieron multitud, el tiempo pasaba y dentro del casco pensé en gritar pero me quedé en silencio y esperé a que definitivamente pudiera volver a la carrera.

Volaron 45 segundos, 25 segundos más de lo habitual.

Sólo habían pasado 13 vueltas, no tenía suficiente distancia con los vehículos más lentos y me encontré con goma dura, que no era la prevista en el segundo sting, y regresé a la pista en la última posición de la carrera.

He podido saber que el equipo tomó la decisión de cambiar la estrategia, y esto creó cierta confusión entre los mecánicos que se saldó con 45 segundos en una parada que habitualmente corresponden 21.

Una vez en pista, con neumáticos duros, ya supe que no habría risas en Abu Dhabi.

Gestioné el coche lo mejor que supe, hasta que me llamaron a boxes para el segundo y definitivo cambio de neumáticos.

Monté los neumáticos nuevos blandos, salí a la pista y remonté hasta la decimoquinta posición firmando la octava mejor vuelta rápida de la carrera. Delante mío, solo los Ferrari, los Mercedes, los Red Bull y los Mc Laren.

Como en la India o en Italia, sólo que esta vez, dejarte la vida en la pista no me sirvió para nada.
Imagino que así son las cosas, unas veces van mejor y otras fatal, aunque bien mirado, el daño todavía es reparable.

Sauber sólo ha obtenido un punto, y Kobayashi está a dos de mí para la decimosegunda posición del mundial.

Yo sigo manteniendo a falta de un Gran Premio, la decimotercera plaza del mundial con 3 puntos de ventaja sobre Di Resta y 11 sobre Buemi.

Si me quiero consolar, puedo pensar que el año pasado terminé el 19 del mundial y este año puedo terminar el 12.

De todos modos, este Gran Premio de Abu Dhabi lo quiero olvidar, de nada sirve volar más rápido que los demás… cuando las alas se rompen.

Como suelo pensar en la vida, nadie es culpable real del cúmulo de circunstancias adversas que se han dado hoy, el equipo que ha tenido muchas confusiones hoy, ha estado brillantísimo en muchas otras, y lo que soy y lo que tengo hoy, se lo debo a mi equipo."

Jaime Alguersuari
Piloto de F1

Credit: Jaime Alguersuari (www.jalguersuari.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment